Thursday, July 20, 2006

Day 13 FR

Well the story I came up with from Cosmopolitan goes like this:

Relationship dominance story
-----------------------------
Hey guys, I need a quick opinion on something, I was just reading this interesting article from Cosmo, now do you guys think that in a relationship where the girl is more dominant the relationship will work our perfectly?

Now the reason I'm asking is because, I've got this friend, he's only 22 but his girlfriend's 28, and I can sort of tell that his girlfriends' the more dominant one. Well the thing is, they're both in a happy committed relationship.

What do you think?

Anyway, I opened 5 girls with this, but then eventhough I got positive responses, I didn't think it was a good topic for discussion, probably because by discussing about it, the girls have to imply that for the relationship to work out, they have to be submissive. Any ideas whether this might be so??

Anyway here are the summary of my approaches:

Approach 1: not that great, voice tone and body language was off, had to really force myself to get into the mood to open. Consequently, girl's response was short and quick and just listened politely.

Approach 2: Asian girl, more positive about it, but then didn't really take it anywhere either.

Approach 3,4,5: White girls, their answers are all depends. Eventhough positive.. All of them did say that Cosmo's a crappy magazine though ;)

In reflection
-------------
I realise now that my first approach is going to be tough, I don't know whether this will always be the case, but then I realise after approach number 2, approaches 3,4, and 5 got so much easier. Even my speech became smoother and free flowing rather than stuttering, stopping and thinking about what to say next.

Also I realise the importance of thinking out what you want to say carefully when you're creating a new story. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the stage one day where I can just spit out stories on the fly without having to edit it too much and it'll still turn out fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home