Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Choices neg

Was trying out the choices neg today on a takeaway food shop girl.

Basically the choices neg goes something like this:
Me: So which one do you think is better? The spicy chicken or the teriyaki chicken?
Her: The spicy chicken is better.
Me: Ok, in that case I'll go with the teriyaki chicken.

Tried it out today, but realised that it's important to say it almost immediately after the she says her choice.. so that it doesn't taper down and lose it's lustre.

Will test it out everytime I get food or any situation that seems fitting. All part of my exercise to make every transaction an interaction.

The girl that I tried out was a cute girl from China. Which I found out by saying:

Me: So you're from Hong Kong right?
Her: No I'm from China.

I think it's better to make an assumption and ask a question rather than ask directly "So where are you from?" So it doesn't seem like you're questioning, and it will seem like you're reading into her, which is more interesting.

Mini sarge attempt today
-------------------------
So there was this girl who just missed a tram that I wanted to get on as well.
So this is what happened:

Me: Just missed the tram yeah?
Her: Yeah
Me: If I had gotten my foot on the door, you'll have gotten in as well.
Her: Ok..

Thinking about me.. I shouldn't have said about the getting my foot in the door bit, probably it's better to just have started off like this:

Me: Just missed the tram yeah?
Her: Yeah..
Me: Oooh, I bet your lecturer's going to get angry with you now, he's going to give extra homework!

If I do it this way, then it'll seem like I'm reading into her that she's still a student and she's going to get into big trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home