Friday, March 10, 2006

MM lifestyle workshop

Hello my avid reader fans out there.. betcha been waiting for this post.. well here it is!!

I'm pretty tired so I'll just be rambling on and not bothering to edit what I write..

Let's see.. we started off at a bar let's call it P3 and the first thing I had to work on was voice projection. Which was something I needed to work on as I'm pretty soft spoken, which is a no no in a bar and club situation with loud music going on. Well at P3 I firstly did a 3 set, and then a 2 set later before bouncing off to another Fitzroy st.

At Fitzroy, we went to some clubs and some bars, I can't remember them all, but I think it's called Metropol and Felix, and .. some others..

Well anyway.. here are some of the openers I used, most of them were to just to create rapport, I didn't do much interactions but got shit tests as well..

Openers
---------
1) Hey guys what's up? What's happenin here? What are you guys doing tonight?

Follow up questions
--------------------
1) What have you got planned for tonight?
2) Commonwealth games coming up, you going? and into swimming? I think you guys would be great with synchronized swimming.
3) How do you guys know each other?
4) etc.. and just following up with whatever they say..

Closing off
-----------
1) Hey nice chatting with you, I've got to get back to my friends.. catcha later.
2) Nice meeting you ciaoz..

Shit tests
----------
1) We're here to meet nice guys like you..

--> Hey, hold it, I'm not a nice guy... I'm a good guy.

2) Guys brain are really simple

--> So why are you attracted to guys anyway??

3) You're really forward aren't you?

--> Yeah, so what do you like about forward men?

Recollection of approaches
---------------------------

Plateform 3
-------------
Approach 1 --> 3 set, I just walked up, took a seat and started the opener.. nothing great there.

Approach 2 --> 2 set, just asking which bars are good around here, they mentioned a few, public bath, and lalaland etc.. and chapel st..

Public bath
------------
Approach 3 --> ?? Can't remember

Metropol, Felix etc..
---------------------
Most of the shit tests were from more mature women, that I talked to, they tend to know what's going on, and they're just controlling it more than me. Scary..

Others were pretty normal all rapport building, but nothing much of attraction. Next night focusing on attraction. Met up with Dan as well.

Stuff that I learned
-------------------
1) Voice projection.. talk LOUDER!!!!!!
2) When to approach, have to wait for the right time.. not when the body language is closed off, but when it's more open to approach. Also have to look out and think where you're going to sit or stand.. and just go in there.
3) Catch their attention by saying HEY!!.. (works most of the time)
4) If people are dancing.. it's harder to catch their attention and talk to them, cos they're just out there to have fun and enjoy themselves.
5) Have to tease them... but I'm still not very good at that.. the only way to do that is to be more social do it more.. get more shit tests.. and then think of these situations and how you would best improve on them.
6) Everytime before I approach, I get the fear of approaching, but after I approach... I realise it's okay.. which is a realization that I have to keep with me at all times..
7) Body language.. always lean in closer when you talk to your target after a while, but do it at an angle, and close it if you have good rapport
8) If there is a 2 set, then what you do is.. engage both sets, but you have to position yourself so that you can interact with both, don't just leave one hanging.
9) Body language.. stand with one foot in front, and you're sort of leaning backwards on the other foot when you talk to your sets
10) Cocking of eyebrows when you talk to convey emotion.

Smooth lines that I heard from my coach
-----------------------------------------
1) Yeah I've been out dating all these girls tonight, but I just had to come back here because I miss you so much..
2) Responses to the shit tests that I had, just reframe it as them wanting to be with you.
3) I'm the guy that puts the stickers on the apples.
4) You know what.. I think you two would be great with synchronised swimming.
5) So both of you are housemates! So who does the cooking around here? Who's a better cook?
6) So are you both working together? So both of you probably get in trouble with your boss because you talk too loud.. Where are your carrels? Is it like you have a guy squashed in between your carrells and he has to put up with all your talking??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home