Sunday, July 02, 2006

Day 1 FR

Day 1 - TASK 2

a. One or two sentences describing how you believe other people currently perceive you.

Confident, funny, Can be quiet sometimes, shy at times, Does not impose too much of a presence, Friendly, and can be real stubborn.

b. One or two sentences describing how you'd ideally like to be perceived by others.

Great communicator, charming, strong presence, in control of my feelings and emotions, know how to respond instead of react, funny, intelligent and confident, and lacking insecurities, exciting.

c. Three of your behaviors or characteristics that you would like to get rid of.

i) shyness or quietness ii) View that others are better than me in some way iii) My belief that I'm not good enough for HB10s

d. Three new behaviors or characteristics that you would like to adapt.

i) Not fazed by shit tests, always have a better answer ii) Good improvisor, able to come up with funny stuff on the spot. iii) Strong belief and confidence in myself. Able to handle any situations.

Day 1 - TASK 5

Here's my field report for task 5. I went for a religious gathering today with a friend, and we saw a hot Japanese girl. Remembering the challenge, I decided to talk to her later.

Approach 1 - HBJap: I circled around the room waiting for the right time to approach. As I didn't want to 'hover' around her, I sort of went as far across the room as possible so as not to let her spot me hovering around. At the time, she was chatting with 2 other Jap girls. So when I saw her actively engaged to one, and the other was sort of left open, I instantly went in and opened the friend. Ended up making small talk to 3 of them, and another one joined in later. We talked about the religion, where they're from, how long they've been in Melbourne, and just general chit chat. Really wanted to ask her for her email or number but as her friends were there with her, felt too shy to do that.

Approach 2 - Indian girl: Still at the religious meeting, I went looking for my next set, saw an indian girl waiting for her friend to finish chatting and went in with the same opener as before. Chatted with her about the religion, and found out that she's pretty new in the practice as I am.

Approach 3 - Organizer Guy: Next set, went in to talk to this guy wearing an organizer uniform. Just walked in, extended my hand and introduced myself. Asked him what he does, and what does the initials on his uniform stood for. He then introduced me to another guy, who knew my friend, so we talked a bit about how we knew each other etc.

Approach 4 - OZ student: There was an Australian student before who gave a small speech about his experience with the religion, so went up and talk to him. Found out that he's currently studying and started talking to him about his experience, and got his email and number to contact him in case I have any questions about the religion.

Approach 5 - more Jap chicks: At this time, my friend wanted to leave for lunch, so we walked out to the main door, there was a group of girls there, one of them gave me a quick eye contact, so I decided to move in. However, it didn't really go too far, just chatted for a while, but she wasn't that responsive. Oh well.. doesn't matter, she concludes my last approach and assignment for day 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home